Hi,
For all the guests and members of this site. Hi XD
From now on this pop-up will come up if your are not registered or logged in. Hopefully this will bring in more members and more people to roleplay with.

All my love,
Head Admin, Bai.

The Four Nations: Fire, Water, Earth and Air

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The First Step ((Open))

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: The First Step ((Open))   Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Sora Ka's journey had just begun. She'd decided to travel all four nations to meet people all over and discuss the right side in the War. After hearing everyone's different stories...she would decide which side to fight for.

"Kyoshi Island, here I come..." she muttered, standing on the very edge of the boat somewhat uneasily. She hated not being able to feel the ground below...sure she could see land, but it wasn't the same. She wasn't exactly the strongest swimmer, and if the boat sank...

As the small boat docked at Kyoshi Island, and all the passngers milled out. Sora had a brief ponder. She was a lone Bender....a traveller. Most people met someone on their travels, and carried on in groups, and Sora hoped that would happen to her too.

"Kyoshi Island," she smiled, arms beside her as she took a step on the comfortable ground below. She'd always fancied herself as a Kyoshi Warrior, but she'd decided she was to quiet for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bai Ling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Bai was on her travels again after the quick pitstop at Omashu. Half of the way, she had decided to fly to Kyoshi using her glider which made the journey a lot quicker. Zing was flying beside her and they soared and ducked through the clouds. Bai coffed up a fly that had flown into her mouth. After a few hours of flying, Bai was glad to be back on solid ground again. She felt dizzy but she had this effect for a while now so it wasn't any different. She breathed in the fresh air and smiled. "Welcome to Kyoshi island, Zing." She spoked as the lemur chattered a few noises in agreement. She was in the place of the famous Avatar. Avatar Kyoshi. She was a role model to Bai, along with avatar Aang.

Bai walked through the busy town of Kyoshi and stumbled across a girl, not much younger than she was. The girl look lonely and she looked as if she was a traveller herself. Bai picked up her sack that she had dropped on the floor and approached the girl. "Hi there, I know this is weird but I'm Bai. Are you a traveller?" She asked as Zing made noises towards the girl.

Siggy by me

Left avatar: Trira
Right avatar: Sora
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatartlab.forumsmotion.com
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:13 pm

Sora jumped, surprised at the girl behind her. She seemed a traveller...and an air bender at that! She could tell from the glider and the lemur on her shoulder. But most of all...she just seemed to radiate that unique power.
The girl started talking to her then, introducing herself as Bai. Nice name...very air benderesque, she caught herself thinking about her name. It was pretty, but didn't sound at all Earthy. It comes from eccentric parents... she pondered, regretting thinking it for some strange reason.
"Hello... I'm Sora," she smiled, "Yes I am a traveller...are you?" she asked, curious. The lemur is so cute! I wonder if I'll ever get a pet...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bai Ling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:29 pm

The girl jumped in surprised before Bai. It made her giggle a bit but she didn't want to sound rude. By the way the girl dressed she seemed to be an earth bender but it wasn't just her clothes, you could feel the earthly power coming from her. The girl introduced herself as Sora and announced that she was a traveller. Sora asked the same question and Bai nodded. "Yes I am a traveller. I just came for a visit to Kyoshi Island, it brings back many memories." She smiled but it faded as quickly as it appeared. She shook her head out of the sad memories. "Well why are you visiting Kyoshi then?" Bai asked with curiousity.

Siggy by me

Back to top Go down
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:33 pm

Sora smiled happily at the air-bender. She seemed a nice person.
"I'm travelling the whole of the Four Nations," she said proudly, before adding in a sadder tone. "This whole War thing is why though. I want to go everywhere and get everyone's side of the story, which side they're on and why. Otherwise...I'll just stay neutral and get arrested either by the Fire Nation or my very own Earth Kingdom."
I wonder what memories Kyoshi brings to her... she thought, not wanting to be nosey and ask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bai Ling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:47 pm

The girl smiled at Bai and she couldn't help but smile back. Sora seemed a nice and friendly girl but she wasn't too sure about what type of person Sora is. Sora told Bai that she was travelling the four nations, collecting people's opinions to choose her own. Which was cool but Bai believed that you should always think for yourself but she loved the courage of the girl. Sora was only young but she was out travelling the world to decide her opinion of the whole war. "Well I'm always netural. I was brought up to respect every person or thing's life as if it were your own. I don't agree with the whole fighting thing. I only fight when it is necessary." Bai smiled gingerly and watched as Zing chased after a fly. "Oh and this is my flying lemur Zing." At the sound of his name, Zing shot his head up and looked at Sora. Bai couldn't help but laugh.

Siggy by me

Back to top Go down
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:15 am

Sora thought for a while before answering, "I've never fought anyone before. In fact, I've never Bended before. It just runs in the family and everyone knows I am a bender... When I choose a side, I think I'll be the more diplomatic person rather the violent," she said, looking up at the calm sky. So that's one neutral... she noted to herself.
She looked back at Bai when she spoke again, introducing her pet. "Yes, he's very cute," she smiled kindly, and she had to giggle as his ears pricked and his turned to look at her curiously.
"Do you happen to know what pets are in the Earth Kingdom?" she wondered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bai Ling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:27 am

Sora exclaimed that she had never fought or ever bended before. Bai's eyes widened, she couldn't believe what she was saying. "You've never bended before? Wow, I've never met someone who is a bender but who hasn't bended." She laughed at how silly she made that sound but turned serious. "It doesn't matter though." Bai smiled and carried on to listen to Sora. She also giggled when Zing paid attention to her. Sora asked if Bai happened to know if what pet are in the Earth Kingdom. "Well I'm not sure but I'm sure you get badger moles or something but I'm not sure." Bai smiled again and Zing jumped back onto her shoulder. "So where you heading?"

Siggy by me

Back to top Go down
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:47 am

Sora smiled shyly at the girl, feeling ever so slightly embarrassed. A bender who'd never before bended was strange, she knew that.
Sora had to roll her eyes slightly at the thought of trying to carry around a badger mole with her. "Ah yes...but they aren't exactly portable," she laughed.
"Oh...I don't really know. I've never really thought about it. Where are you heading?" she asked, wondering if maybe they could travel together briefly.

((Sorry this was rushed!))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bai Ling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:22 pm

Sora rolled her eyes at Bai. It was a blonde moment but you could have a badger mole as a pet. Sora commented that badger moles aren't exactly portable and Bai couldn't help but laugh. "Well I know they aren't portable but you did asked me about the pets in the Earth Kingdom." She laughed again and watched as Zing skipped about like his usual self. "Well I'm just heading about, seeing if there's a place for me to stay. I want to explore the background of Avatar Kyoshi. She's my idol. Heroic, brave and clever, she is a role model to me. I want to meet the Kyoshi warriors too." She smiled at Sora and shuffled her bag onto her shoulder. "Do you want to come with me?" She asked as she called Zing back to shoulder.

Siggy by me

Back to top Go down
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Sora sighed, about to say something but stopped herself. Badger Moles were giant and were more....guards or weapons than pets. But Sora said nothing, not want to argue. "Well I came to Kyoshi because it's the closest place where I used to live. Just seemed the obvious place to go really...." she shrugged. Sora Ka smiled then, happy she'd had the invitation to travel along with Bai, even if it was only around Kyoshi. It was a big island to be fair.
"I'd love to meet the Kyoshi Warriors! I always wanted to be one as I grew up. . . and perhaps they could teach me bending...." she mused to herself, wandering if she wanted to learn how to use her gift so early in her journey...after all she didn't even know if she wanted to know how to use her bending.

((New island for you: Whaletail Island. It's in the Fire Nation. Where Katara searched for her mother's killer.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bai Ling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Sora explained that Kyoshi island was the closest place to where she used to live which seemed sensible. Bai didn't argue with that, it's what she would have done anyway but Bai had ran away from her little village like her life depended on it. "Well that's understandable." Bai said as she took a few steps forward. Sora also exclaimed that she would love to meet the Kyoshi warriors with Bai. This made her smile. "Well they could help you with your bending or you could always go to Omashu. I've heard that there are plenty of earth bending teachers there. But that's if you want to." Bai said as she turned to face Sora. "So shall we explore this island or what?" She asked as she started walking.

Siggy by me

Back to top Go down
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:21 am

Sora Ka laughed and followed Bai gingerly, hoping she was trustworthy. She seemed so, but nowadays you could never be sure.
"Sure," she smiled, picking up her things and following the air-bender.

"Oh hey, have you ever been here before? I'm afraid I don't know much about Kyoshi," she asked, hoping the girl knew her way around because Sora certainly didn't. "I don't much fancy getting lost," she laughed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bai Ling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Sora followed Bai but Bai could sense that Sora was still nervous about her. Bai had a gift for reading emotions by the person body language. "Don't worry, I won't bite... Much." Bai laughed, to let Sora know she was joking. Sora picked up her things and followed. Sora asked if Bai had been here before, she shrugged. "I have but it was a long time ago. I do know my way around though." She exclaimed that she didn't want to get lost and Bai laughed. "Don't worry, you wont get lost. We could fly out of..." Whoops Bai thought. She didn't want to know about the flying thing but she properly guessed that she was an airbender by the way she dressed and with Zing. How many people do you see with a flying lemur? None, Bai and Aang were the only two and they both happened to be air benders. How Ironic? Bai thought.

Siggy by me

Back to top Go down
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Sora laughed lightly, knowing Bai was trying to reassure her. Sora grinned then, "Oh that's good," she laughed, happy they wouldn't get lost.
Sora giggled as Bai cut herself short. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone," she smiled. "Though I do advise getting a disguise, and maybe hiding Zing once in a while. Try make your glider look more like a staff too... oh and most importantly? Don't talk...no, don't even think about your um...gift when around an earth bender," she said, seriously that time. "You don't have to blind to feel the panicked flutterings of a heart," she said, referring to one of Avatar Aang's comapanions; Toph.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bai Ling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Sora said that she wouldn't tell anyone and Bai let out a sigh. She could trust a few people, not like she used to. Sora advised Bai getting a disguise and hiding Zing once in a while. The mention of his voice and Zing turned his head to look at Sora and turned forward again. "I don't think he wants to hide." Bai laughed and took in consideration of getting a disguise. Even though she liked the colour orange she really needed to get some new robes. Maybe she could get some here, in Kyroshi. "I wont talk about my 'gift' in front of anyone. Apart from people I know." Bai smiled now and walked into the market of Kyroshi. The busy workers of the island where up and about working and managing stalls. The lovely fruit that was every filled the air with many types of fruits, strawberries, apples, pineapples and many other exotic fruit. "Well this is Kyoshi market. The place of theieves and stalls, fruit and veg. And the very market where I need a disguise." Bai laughed and searched for a green robe.

Siggy by me

Back to top Go down
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Sora nodded with Bai, not wanting to say anything until they reached Kyoshi Market. When they did, Bai immediately started hunting down some green robes and Sora exclaimed, "Oh!" she she gasped, remembering something.
"I must get a map of the four nations!" she said, as she searched through the various stalls with Bai. "Oooh where should I go next...? I know my way through the Earth Kingdom but that's only natural...I need to plot out a route...Hm..." she rambled to herself, glancing at each stall until she'd gone through all of them.
There hadn't been a map of each nation, just the Earth Kingdom. But Sora sighed and asked, "How much for it?" and started haggling with the stall-owner. He'd started the price at thirty gold coins, but Sora, outraged, got it down to ten.

She waited for Bai then, wandering if the girl had found some robes yet. Sora opened her green map (or was it a scroll?) and searched through the places. She couldn't tell which was closest though, so she'd decided to ask Bai when she came back.
All Sora knew was that it'd be extremely hard to get into Ba Sing Se at the state it was in, and she didn't know how to get into it or out of it in the first place.

Sora sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose with two weary fingers. So much for planning things out... she thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bai Ling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Sora exclaimed that she needed to get a map of the four nations. Bai swore she saw one in a market, or did she buy it? She would have a look in a bit. Looking around the stalls she saw many robes in many different colors. She didn't know which one would suit her until she saw it. A dress like cloak that hung all the way to the floor but didn't touch it. Bai fell in love with it straight away. She asked the women running the store how much it was. Bai started to bargain with the stall owner. The women had started with twenty silver pieces but an outraged Bai got it down to eleven. She paid the women who looked upset and tried the cloak-dress on and twirled. The soft fabric twirled with her and stop at her ankles. "Well Sora, I found a disguise." Bai said as she made her way to her. Sora had brought a map but it looked like it didn't have the four nations, just the earth kingdom. "Are you alright Sora? I could help with the directions, let's get somewhere to stay first." Bai smiled and saw an old women with her coin pouch on show. Bai thought it was the perfect plan. She would whisp the bag off of the old women and put it in her pocket. Bai concerntrated on the bag and made a rope of air. She swung the air rope around the bag and sure enough the bag floated into Bai's pocket. She tapped her pocket and smiled at Sora. "I know it's illegal but it's our little secret." Bai whispered as she walked off, hoping that Sora would be alright with Bai stealing.

Siggy by me

Back to top Go down
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:33 am

Sora grinned happily when she saw Bai, "Wow, nice clothes!" she encouraged, looking down at her own boring and generic clothes that any Earth Kingdom girl would have somewhere at the back of their wardrobe.
Sora half smiled at Bai. "Impressive bending," she smiled, in awe she'd seen an air bender at work. Stealing from an old lady? Not so impressive. she added in her own mind.

"Where to then?" she asked as they started walking away from the marketplace.

((Sorry this took so long!))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bai Ling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:31 am

Sora commented on Bai's clothes and commented on the air bending she did to take those pouch of coins. Sora asked where they should next and she shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe we could visit the Kyoshi warriors, that'll be fun." Bai said as she made her way to the temple that belonged to the girls. As she opened the door, Bai could see all the warriors were practicing with their fans. They all turned and looked at the two standing in the doorway and Bai blushed. "Sorry to interupt but we were wondering if we could join in the lesson?" She asked as she took off her shoes and stepped into the dojo. The beams were made of wood and covered the whole of the room. The girls giggled but one of them put their hand up to silence the others. She must've been the leader because the other warriors listened to her. "Of course you can join. If you can handle it." Bai smiled. "Of course we can handle it, aye Sora?"

Siggy by me

Back to top Go down
Sora Ka
Earth Bender

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:48 am

Sora's eyes grew wide with excitement at the thought of meeting the Kyoshi Warriors. She laughed happily as they opened the door to the Kyoshi temple.
Bai immediately took off her shoes in respect and tradition, telling the legendary Warriors that they could handle the training.
"Um..." she said, nervously standing in the large doorway, looking at the floor. "Aye?" she said unconvincingly as she took off her shoes and her cape, settling them down on the floor neatly.
She could feel the fast thud of worn out hearts as the Kyoshi Warriors looked at the newcomers with amusement. "You've been practising for a long time," she mused, not realizing she'd said it out loud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Step ((Open))   

Back to top Go down

The First Step ((Open))

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender  :: The Four Nations :: The Earth Kingdom :: Kyoshi Island-